Monday, April 10, 2017

Vow Renewal

A little over a decade ago, the Cardinals and I exchanged vows. They would love me as their fan for their life, promising many good days to balance out the bad ones. In turn, I would love them through good days and bad, all the days of my life (cheesy soap opera reference).

We've hit a rough patch this week. I've said things. They've said things. Neither of us meant those things.

On our roller coaster ride of a week, we've both gone off the rails. As you can imagine, going off the rails on a roller coaster ride is dangerous...injuries occurred. Tonight after the game, we decided enough was enough. We picked each other up and applied Neosporin, band-aids, tourniquets, braces and wraps (all generic of course as we are on Mo's selected insurance plan). Then we both walked onto the field on our own power.

We looked at each other and decided it was time to renew those vows we made in 2006. Only these are new days ahead. This will be the start of something beautiful. For the Cardinals, they will have a renewed sense of fire, energy, focus, determination and confidence. For me, I will have a renewed sense of optimism, faith, hope, love and joy.

My love has seemed lost this week. What kind of loving fan would I be if I left them down and out? As I said before, every long term relationship has its up and downs, its moments of doubt.

Today, we renew our vows. I'm in this for the long haul, Cardinals. I know you are too.



No comments:

Post a Comment